Don carving the turkey
Emily serving
Grandma's tableNovember 22, 2007
For our feasting this year we roasted a turkey at our home in Beaverton and took the turkey, in the counter top roaster, to St. Helens along with lots of other fixins for the day. Once there we helped Emily and Paige celebrate their first holiday in their new home. They had fixed the pies, yams, mashed potatoes, beans and salad. Together we used G'ma's dining room table for the first time in many years, it now live at Emily's as she has always liked it and wanted it after G'ma passed. The turkey was served on the platter that her dad and I got as a wedding gift many, many years ago, the tablecloth was one from our house that I gave her and Emily was actually wearing an apron I made before she was born! We got to meet her new kitten, Mudge and see the new work that had been done in her yard, all in all it was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment